Nutella Pound Cake
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks salted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
Half of one 13-ounce jar Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. In a bowl, sift flour and baking powder.
2. In a separate large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer at medium-low speed, gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla until fully mixed. Add in the flour mixture gradually, beating at low speed between additions until mixed well. Continue to beat for 30 seconds longer.
3. Open the jar of Nutella and microwave for 30 seconds to get it spreadable/smooth. Stir with butter knife. If still too thick, microwave again for another 10 seconds. Set aside
4. Spread one-half of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread some of the Nutella, (about 3 to 4 ounces, or 1/ 4 of a jar) on top of batter. Repeat with the rest of the batter and then top with another 1/ 4 of a jar of Nutella and then gently swirl with a butter knife the Nutella into the batter. Do not overmix.
5. Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Cut the cake into slices and serve (coffee ice cream goes very well with it).
6. ENJOY – You tella, me tella, it’s wonderful Nutella!
© This recipe courtesy of Somebodys-Mom.com