4 large zucchini
1 /2 onion (small), chopped
1 14 ounce can whole artichokes in water
2 t0 4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper
1 /2 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
1 /2 cup grated Romano cheese
1. Oven 350 degrees
2. Wash zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. With a spoon scrape out the inside of the zucchini
shell carefully starting in the center, leaving a shell for filling later. Steam the shells in
the microwave for 2 to 5 minutes. Place on paper towels to absorb water from steaming.
3. In a large frying pan, add olive oil to semi cover the bottom, use medium heat.
Add chopped garlic and onion. Cook a few minutes. Add scooped out zucchini.
4. Drain water from artichoke can. Cut up artichokes into bite size pieces. Add to frying pan, and
continue cooking. Add oregano, basil, salt and pepper, sauté until everything is tender.
4. Turn off heat and stir in grated cheese and bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly. If too wet looking,
sprinkle in a tablespoon at a time, more grated cheese and/or bread crumbs.
5. Spoon mixture into zucchini shells and place stuffed side up on an oven pan or cookie sheet. Bake
20 to 25 minutes. Then turn oven to broil and broil for 1 or 2 minutes to brown the top, keeping
an eye on the zucchini, they brown quickly. Serve immediately.
6. ENJOY! – Zucchini and artichokes were meant to be together!
If you love zucchini and artichokes as much as I do, you will love this recipe. Combining the right vegetables is like combining the right guests for a meal. One will compliment the other.
I entertain frequently and I enjoy bringing people together to my table. Sitting people together over a meal usually means there is no loss for conversation. All that I need to get strangers to converse with each other, is to talk about what I am serving. I am fearless in cooking and try new dishes on friends and family all the time. This is definitely a great way to break the ice and get the conversation going. I encourage comments and feedback on the new recipe that was prepared. Whether they love it, hate it or have no opinion, it gets everyone talking.
Don’t be afraid to try a new dish and or to bring people together the next time you entertain. Either way the results may surprise you. Just sit back and enjoy the conversation as well as your company!