1 pkg Pillsbury Grands biscuit
chicken, cooked and sliced
mozzarella cheese, sliced
salt and pepper, optional
1. Oven 350 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with aluminun foil.
3. Open biscuit container. Take one bisquit at a time out and gently press it with your fingers to shape it into a small pizza that can fit in the palm of your hand.
4. Place the flattened biscuit on the aluminum covered cookie sheet. Add spinach and with a fork, spread it evenly over the biscuit. Next place your chicken over the spinach. Lastly add two thin slices of mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.
5. Take another biscuit, flatten it out the same way. Place the second biscuit over the cheese slices, pressing the edges together all around the two biscuits to seal.
6. 1 package will make 4 biscuit sandwiches or slice the biscuits in half to get eight smaller sandwiches or appetizers
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are evenly browned. After taking the biscuits out of oven, with a spatula gently loosen the biscuits from the aluminum foil while still they are still hot to prevent them from sticking. Leave on cookie sheet till ready to eat to keep them warm.
8. Enjoy – Bread sandwiches; not when I can have a biscuit sandwich!
Not too long ago, I experienced the meaning of that great little proverb; necessity is the mother of invention. It happened one night when two hungry people, me and hubby Tom, arrived home late from a long, hard day’s work to find nothing ready to eat.
After several minutes of staring at Tom’s back in anticipation as he searched the refrigerator for something that resembled dinner, he came up for air cradling leftover cooked sliced steak, sautéed spinach, and cheddar cheese. Tucked under his arm was our real ace in the hole, a tube of refrigerator biscuit dough. Honestly, the man never looked so good!
When I volunteered to help in the kitchen, he shooed me away so he could create his now legendary biscuit sandwiches as a surprise. They were so good, I made them again the next week, using leftover roasted chicken, mozzarella, and sautéed spinach. Both combinations in the biscuits were delicious. The filling options are endless, and I look forward to coming up with new ones.
Want something delicious, satisfying, and quick? Try Tom’s biscuit sandwiches as your new go-to dinner. You’ll be happy you did!