1 stick butter, softened
1 stick margarine, softened
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
1. Oven 350 degrees
2. Grease three 8-inch cake pans, (round or square). Flour pans with a small amount of
3. In a large bowl cream margarine, butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla beat thoroughly blending well.
4. Sift cake flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt together. Add to wet ingredients.
Add buttermilk 1 cup at a time. Beat well.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30-40 minutes or until cake is done.
( Test with a toothpick in center, until it comes out dry.)
6. Cool cake in pans 10 to 20 minutes. Place on racks until completely cooled.
7. Serve with fresh whipped cream, ice cream or ice the cakes with cream cheese icing.
8. ENJOY – Heaven must be missing a cake, because this one is so light it can float!!
If you are reading this, “Thank You”! As Mikey said, “Try it, you’ll like it!”
Enough said about this easy homemade buttermilk chocolate cake!