1. Soak bamboo skewers in a pan of water. Rinse and set aside.
2. Cut chicken thighs into bite size pieces
3. Cut scallions into bite size pieces.
4. Skewer chicken bits and scallion bites alternating.
5. Pour Yakitori sauce over skewers.
6. Grill skewers on medium heat, turning a few times, serve immediately.
7. ENJOY – Is this really cooking?
© This recipe courtesy of Somebodys-Mom.com
My good friend and neighbor, Charlie, prepared this chicken appetizer for us one hot summer evening. I loved these chicken skewers. I couldn’t get enough of them. The next time Charlie and Laurie, my other good friend and neighbor, came to our house for dinner, I made these chicken skewers. Of course, Charlie’s tasted better. Why, you may ask? Because Charlie is the ultimate cook and will travel near and far for the best ingredient for any recipe he is preparing. Charlie went to a Japanese food store to purchase his Yakitori sauce, whereas I purchased mine at the local food store. There is a difference. The extra trip to the Japanese food store to buy an authentic Yakitori sauce was well worth the trip in taste. The morale to this story is you get what you yen for, a good Yakitori sauce!