1/3 cup of butter, softened
3/4 cup of sugar
1 ½ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
grated rind of 1 lemon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/ 8 cup sugar
juice of one lemon (1/ 4 cup)
1. Oven 350 degrees
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add flour mixture along with milk to wet mixture. Fold in lemon rind and walnuts.
5. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool and remove from pan while still warm.
7. Poke some holes on top of bread with a fork. Mix topping of sugar and lemon juice. Spread over top of bread. Let stand overnight before slicing. (But we can’t wait in my house that long.)
ENJOY – Sweet and sour lemon loaf……