Butter Toffee Walnuts
1/3 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter
2 ½ cups whole shelled walnuts
½ tablespoon sea salt
1. Line a large baking sheet with Reynolds Non-Stick Aluminum Wrap. Set aside
2. In a large frying pan, add water, sugar and butter. On a medium high flame, stir until butter has melted, a few minutes. Continue cooking another few minutes, and then add walnuts.
3. Keep stirring gently until sugar mixture dries out and begins to look bubbly all around, about 6 to 8 minutes. Continue cooking and stirring and the toffee coating becomes a dark golden brown and glossy looking, about another 4 to 6 minutes.
4. Remove frying pan from stove and shake in sea salt evenly over walnuts, stir gently.
5. The walnuts are VERY HOT! Carefully, spread mixture onto your lined baking sheet, spreading the nuts into an even layer. Give a quick extra sprinkle of sea salt over the top.
6. Set aside to cool completely. I put my in the refrigerator for 3 hours. After nuts are completely hardened, break into pieces.
7. ENJOY – Forget potato chips, you can’t eat just one buttered toffee walnut!
Do you have a sweet tooth? I do! I admit it, I am guilty. I always crave something sweet after a meal. It isn’t the quantity; it’s the quality I want. As far as sweets are concerned, let me clarify what my downfall is. It is a piece of homemade candy, cookie or cake. These butter toffee walnuts will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. In the past I have tried to make toffee nuts and they never came out quite right. After a few failed attempts, my husband agreed with me that this butter toffee walnuts recipe is a keeper.
One thought on “Butter Toffee Walnuts”
This recipe was so good! I recently tried a toffee/saltine/chocolate recipe which I love so I tried this and it was so good!!