Saturday, September 26th, 2009 at 1:00 pm is Somebody’s Mom’s Cooking Demo Day at Macys on 34th Street in NYC. Come and taste a sample of these delightful SPINACH BALLS and see for yourself why http://www.somebodys-mom.com is the place to get some delightful home cooked recipes!
3 pkgs frozen chopped spinach
3 cups herb stuffing
1 /2 to 3/4 cup grated parmesan/romano cheese
1 bar butter, melted
1 bar margarine, melted
1 onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook frozen spinach and drain well.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight
4. Oven to 325 degrees.
5. Remove spinach mixture from refrigerator and roll into 2-inch
balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly browned in spots.
7. Remove from oven and serve immediately. If using at a later
date, after baking, cool completely and then freeze in Ziploc
8. ENJOY! – Great recipe for making something in advance.
This recipe was from my friend, Yvonne’s mom. Years ago Yvonne and I worked together and she told me about these spinach balls her mom made. They sounded so delicious, I had to try them. I have been making them ever since. Everybody loves them. I just recently saw Yvonne’s mom and she is still talking recipes and cooking with me. I always appreciate when someone shares their recipe with me. A good recipe is like a good hug. When it is shared with someone you get a cozy, warm feeling. Now, I have to try Yvonne’s grandmother’s ravioli recipe, but that is for another day and another posting!